Monday 4 March 2013

Woolly happiness

While I am still "star-struck" on the quilting side, the onset of autumn rain and chill made me yearn for the comfort of wool. It was time to mount an expedition to a wool-shop, but not just any wool shop. Morris & Sons in Sydney CBD it had to be. MOTH works in a building opposite and told me about this woolly heaven. I think he may later have regretted it though.....

Today's haul include:

These lovely colours in wool kindly donated by a baby alpaca:
(I'm thinking a lovely warm autumn coloured afghan for the living room)


I have a particular fondness for variegated threads, and for this bundle I thought I would try out the pattern for  "Zoe's Lace Scarf" although the wool below is a little thicker than the 2 ply called for in the pattern.


This bundle of happiness will be knitted into a scarf for a niece who is equally colourful and who needs a scarf to compliment her eclectic collection of beanies.

And that was almost it.......    Some bamboo crochet hooks also insisted on coming home with me.

1 comment:

Please leave a message after the beep.....