Thursday 5 July 2007

Wonderful show!

Last night Peter and I went to see the Sydney Theatre Company production of "the 25th Putnam County Spelling Bee". Wonderful evening and not just because I got to be an adult for a night! I haven't laughed so much in ages. There were serious undertones as we learned of the backgrounds and insecurities of the spellers, but the show was full of funny jokes. There was some audience participation as 4 members of the audience were "volunteereed" to be part of the spelling bee.

Great cast including a surprising performance by Lisa McCune. I have only seen her in TV dramas and I must admit I had thought she was just another soapie actress. But , she shined in this production.... comedy talent and a wonderful singing voice as well. I will see her in a different light from now. The show also featured Magda Szubanski but she does not need any further introduction except to say she was on good form!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.....