Friday 22 August 2008

farewell, mummy - welcome back Little Possum!



After a week of the bandages, we are so happy to see that the treatment was successful. LP's skin has improved all over and she is not as itchy anymore. Hopefully this is it, unless we have another flare-up. We spent the day at the children's hospital being reviewed and having tests, but there was some time for fun in between. The hospital has a wonderful playroom where LP had a "hand facepaint" (as LP put it) and did some colouring. Later we visited the library where we read stories on the appropriately named "the Mem Fox storytelling couch". We crossed paths with many very sick children who were obviously in hospital for a longer term visit, and I felt blessed to watch my little girl skipping around the hospital, and to be able to bring her home with me again at the end of the day.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that all is well and she is feeling better. She is a tough little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the mummy pictures before reading the post I was like Oh no! What's happened now! Did she get burned or what. But I was happy to find out that it was nothing that bad and that she's doing better! It does kinda make you count your blessings when you see really sick kids. That happens to me quite frequently now that I work in ED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it improved things for LP - hope it's not needed too much (but could be very useful around Halloween time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. man thats a bad one Mari...thinking of you guys especially Lil possum....excema is such a curse...breaks your heart...
    hope blessing come your way
    loads love Bron:)
    love your blog as always
    xo
    gonna buy a Mem fox in honour of you...hey perhaps i should buy off you???is that too much trouble you think..postage might kill it???
    let me know

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and woah i love you current favorite quote
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....