Monday 12 October 2009

Lazy Days skirt sew-along

One Crafty Mumma is hosting the "Lazy Days skirt sew-along" this week, and I thought I would join in.

The Lazy Days skirt pattern comes from the very clever people at oliver and s and it was very quick and easy to make. I was even able to do a bit of stashbusting, using part of a jelly roll and also some yardage. The only purchase I made was for ribbon.

Little Possum has been a willing recipient of my sewing efforts and was happy to road-test the lazy days skirt:

garden play and exploration - Pass!



trampoline-bouncing - Pass!

while I was at it, I made a head band with leftover strips of fabric and elastic. Reversible to match either skirt. "Once you pop, you can't stop"...... and so it is with "headband-mode"... I quickly whipped up a couple of headbands to go with the school summer uniform.

I think I have made some good efforts towards the October challenge here!

1 comment:

  1. Mari those skirts are adorable. I bet even I could make one. I so wish I had a sewing machine here - when I get back home I am going to remember to ask you where you got the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....