Friday 27 August 2010

Silent Auction for Medecins sans Frontieres/Doctors without Borders

I know that you are all aware of the humanitarian disaster in Pakistan at the moment.
The sheer scale of it is hard to comprehend. The number of people made homeless is now estimated to be 4 million
 - the equivalent to the entire population of Norway or of New Zealand.

I want to make a contribution to MSF towards their efforts in Pakistan. These courageous aidworkers are helping to provide safe drinking water and healthcare to the flood victims.

This will be a drop in the bucket, but I hope to raise a little cash by auctioning of the following items:

A baby quilt, inexpertly pieced, lovingly appliqued and quilted by me.
Cotton fabrics, polycotton batting

Bids starting at $60 AUD


Pencil roll made from The Hungry Caterpillar prints. Pencils included.

Bids starting at $10 AUD


How to bid:
Submit your bid in a comment with your first and last name (or a nickname -- something you will know!). If you are the first bid, your bid must be higher than the minimum bid, and if you are not first, your bid must be higher than the previous commenter.

If you have a blog, please link to this post in order to spread the word!

Auction ends Friday 3rd September at 8pm AEST

Payment to be organised through PayPal


Also consider making a donation through other agencies such as
The Red Cross
Unicef
World Vision
Caritas

as well as a generous fast offering!

THIS AUCTION IS NOW ENDED!

5 comments:

  1. Farm Girl would bids $15AU for the Hungry Caterpillar Pencil Roll.
    What a fabulous and very generous gesture you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't have any girls, I love your quilt Mari and I will bid $65 for it.

    I also love that you are doing this for a good cause.

    Lishaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I bid $70 on the Quilt (Sorry Lisha) and $20 on the Pencil Roll. This is for such a good cause. Good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bid $30 on the pencil roll- 'hungry caterpillar'is special to me and I want to be able to help those devastated in Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bid $100 for the VHC pencil roll - what a awesome cause! Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....