Friday 19 October 2007

Random music... again

I love my music collection, and I wish there was more time in the day to just sit down and listen to music. I should spend more time playing it, too.... My poor clarinet is terribly neglected. I did try to start practising regularly, but Little Possum told me to "stop the noise"..... I don't know if this was a reflection on my abilities or the scales themselves. Scales are bad enough for the one practising them.... must be mind numbing to listen to over and over again for an unwilling audience! Apropos music... Oliver Sacks has a new book out - "Musicophilia". I love his writings on various obscure (and some not so obscure) neurological disorders, so I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

Here's my "random shuffle" list for today:
1. ABBA - "Take a chance on me" (Sing out loud kind of music!)
2. Crowded House "How will you go?" (one of my favourite bands - can't beat the Chocolate Cake song, though!)
3. Jann Arden - "Good mother" (I bought this album in Venice Beach, California... lots of associations)
4. Delibes - "Flower Duet" from Lakme (was ruined for me forever after British Airways started using it for their ad campaign...)
5. Neil Young " Change your mind" (One of my favourite ever artists!)
6. Mike Oldfield- "Sunset door" (chill out music - the music video for Tubular Bells is amazing too!)
7. Massive Attack - "Eurochild" (this one is one of the darker elements in the collection)
8. Sheryl Crow - "The Na Na Song" (1994 - The Year of Living Dangerously (not) in Hertfordshire)
9. Steely Dan "The Fez" (Steely Dan takes me back to high school .... a few short years ago obviously)
10. Us3 - "Cantaloop" (very funky remix of Cantaloupe Island by Herbie Hancock... good song for housework....)

tralalala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.....