Tuesday 20 January 2009

double celebration

"Don't underestimate the power of people who join together to accomplish amazing things. (...) When all of our people are engaged and involved in making their community better, then we can do anything."
- Barack Obama
It's my birthday today.... I had the most wonderful birthday cuddles, handwritten notes full of love and birthday wishes from my children. I have had some lovely presents as well, but as I share my day with the Inauguration Day in the US, I think I have to say that the change in leadership in America is the best one!
A new direction is desperately needed and although I must say the shoes left for Obama to fill are very small, those shoes have trampled over most of the world and the footprints will take some work erasing. I look forward with hope that the world will be a better place with Barack Obama at the helm of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Carli is, as ever, more eloquent than me, and she has written a great review of Barack Obama's book "Audacity to Hope", Maurine Jensen Proctor also worded beautifully all the hopes and desires of my heart for this new president.

3 comments:

  1. Well said! I remember how devastated me and my friend were when George W. was first elected. My friend then said: Well, I suppose one man can't do too much damage anyway, so maybe it isn't so bad after all.

    Oh well, one man did more damage than either of us ever thought possible. Let's just hope that one man can also fix the damage that has been done in the world. It sure is not easy to be Mr. Obama with the hight expectations of the whole world upon him, but I too remain confident and think that America could not have made a better choice!

    Good Luck Obama and may God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy birthday to you, and yes, happy inauguration day to the whole world!! Let's hope he'll be there for the next 8 years and can do as much good as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mari! I completely agree, I have to admit I shed a few happy tears at 4 in the morning watching the inauguration, it is a very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....