Tuesday 14 October 2008

my petrol station campaign - update

I have sent off letters and an email to various forecourt operators - without any response so far... Any of you had any luck?

Well - strike that.... I had an email from customer relations at Coles Express today. It was of the "bla-bla-bla....(now hopefully you'll go away and forget about this)" type. Said as long as there was no legislation to stop them from selling the magazines, and as long as it was in the interest of consumer to provide variety of goods, they would not make any changes. But, my concern was noted..
Gee, thanks, guys.

Thinking about which forum I could use to speak up, I decided to try getting my 42 remaining braincells to cooperate. This will find me "450 words or more" for the "Heckler" column in the SMH. In order to not just sound like a grumpy woman having a rant, I want to find some research to back up my feelings and instincts. Everything in me tells me that my children should not be exposed to sexual content at this age, so I want to find the studies to back it all up. So Googling I go and, as often happens, I stumbled on the perfect website - to this organisation "Kids Free 2 B Kids". They are campaigning against all those things that worry me. The billboards, magazines within the reach and sight of children and more.

So you will notice I have added a button in my sidebar for this organisation. If any of you feel like you want to add your voice and spread the word, I will be more than happy to share the code with you so you can have a button of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.....