Thursday 20 November 2008

I wonder who you are


I found your photos in a drawer in farmor Nikoline's house. Unfortunately she and the others of her generation had passed away, so I don't know your names. I can tell a lot from your clothes - your status, roughly what decade the photo was taken, and sometimes also the occasion of the photo.
But, I wonder who you are, what your lives were like, where and how you lived.
I am sure my grandmother knew. I am sure she could look at a photo and remember whether you were a cousin or uncle or even a friend of the family. I wish I could ask her.
I look at my piles of photos. I remember the places, the people and the circumstances... but unless I organise them, one day someone else may find them in a drawer and wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.....