Saturday 1 November 2008

lost for words?

My best find for the kids in October was this website. My kids all love doing wordsearches, and I think they are fantastic for helping with reading skills as well as being fun. The Wordsearch generator allows you to type in the words that you want to use in a puzzle. This way you can set the degree of difficulty (eg the number of words) and the theme. Setting the theme around a child's favourites like Pokemon characters or fairytale creatures makes it even more fun, and you can sneak a few spelling list words in too!
Happy puzzling!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Mari! That was so cool! I've been looking for something like this to use in my primary lessons, but everything's in english. now I can make my own puzzels for the kids and in FINNISH! yay! Thank you! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....